Sunday, June 3, 2018

BARON's FOOTBALL LEAGUE SUMMER START UP

MOVE OVER FIFA 2018!!
Who will win the Coveted Accolade?
Folks...

After years of enduring the slow demise of the REC scene, I decided to do something about it.

REC leagues are being overrun by REP teams who can't compete against other strong teams. So they go into the fun leagues.

This has a disastrous effect on guys who just want to play each week. You know, the men who want to run about, sweat it out and socialize with other males.

The Oshawa Kicks gave me this opportunity.

I didn't know how it would go. And the initial proceedings made me believe that I was wrong. Maybe I had misjudged the scene.

But as the weeks went by, more and more men wanted a chance to see how this worked.

And today, the opening day, we have four teams.

Will there be more?

I hope so.

Soccer/Football is a beautiful game. It teaches us how to improve ourselves, and how to work with teams and ourselves when the situation arises.

And it's important for guys to have an outlet to show their spouses and kids that exercise is not just for the young...but for all of us.

I'll run this as long as I have interest.

So come on by, and join us for a Sunday evening of excitement! 

No comments: